BLACK & BLUE BURGERS
- 1lb of rump steak
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 white onion
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander
- 1 finely chopped red chilli (with seeds)
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- tomato ketchup
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- Burger buns and stilton cheese to serve
- Take the rump steak and mince it with the white bread and onion.
- Mix in the ground cumin, ground coriander, fresh chopped coriander, red chilli (with seeds), dried oregano, a good squirt of tomato ketchup, egg to bind, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 evenly sized patties (a good burger press can be used) and chill for 30 minutes.
- To cook, set up the egg for direct cooking using the cast iron griddle, and heat it to 400°F degrees dome temp.
- When hot, add the patties and cook for 5 minutes (dome closed).
- Flip the burgers onto a different section of the griddle and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the burgers when cooked, and cover them with foil to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- While they are resting, add the burger buns to the griddle and toast.
- When toasted, build the burger, topping it with a chunk of good stilton cheese.