CEDAR PLANKED JERK COCONUT SHRIMP
Coconut shrimp, although very delicious, are usually deep-fried. Here is our healthier version on the Big Green Egg with some Jamaican Jerk and cedar to bump things up.
- 8 large shrimp, shell on and deveined if available
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 425°F.
- Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp in the jerk seasoning and arrange them on the planks.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the shrimp.
- Set the loaded planks on the EGG and cook for 8-12 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Remove from the grill and top with sliced green onion.
- Serve immediately.