CHICKEN & SEAFOOD PAELLA
It’s party time. This one-pan wonder paella performs perfectly. Crack open the cerveza, sip on sangria and watch the sun go down with some amigos.
- 8 chicken thighs
- Good quality Chorizo ring cut into chunks
- Raw king prawns
- Fresh squid
- Fresh mussels (optional)
- 1 sliced onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 sliced red pepper
- Frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pack of Paella rice
- Approx. 5 cups of good quality chicken stock
- A good pinch of Saffron
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Paella Paprika or Spanish Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 lemons cut into wedges for garnish
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Direct cooking, with the ConvEGGtor legs down with Paella Pan sitting on top. Target temperature around 475°F.
- Prepare all the ingredients ready for cooking.
- Heat the oil and fry the Chorizo for about a minute each side. This will color and flavor your oil, take out the Chorizo and place to one side.
- Add your chicken thighs, skin side down first and cook until browned on both sides, remove and set aside with the Chorizo.
- Add your onions, garlic, and peppers and cook until soft then add your saffron, turmeric, and paprika.
- Sprinkle the Paella rice evenly over the pan and stir so that the grains are coated in the seasoned mixture.
- Add the stock until the mixture is well covered, this will be absorbed during the cooking process.
- Add the chicken, chorizo, any meat juices, and the petit pois, but do not stir.
- Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, the rice starts to swell and makes a popping sound. Then add your prawns, squid, and mussels and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the prawns are pink and the mussel shells have opened.
- Top with the chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges and a green salad.