Pizza is one of the tastiest things you can cook on your EGG!
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1½ cups (375 ml) marinara sauce
- 12 oz (340 g) thinly sliced mozzarella
- 1½ cups (375 ml) chopped baby arugula
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped prosciutto
- 1 cup (250 ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 tsp (20 ml) white truffle oil
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 600ºF/315ºC and preheat a Pizza/Baking Stone.
- Place pizza dough on a dough rolling mat or a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll the disk into a 14 in (35 cm) circle. Dust a Pizza Peel with cornmeal and place the dough disk on the peel. Gently shake the peel back and forth to make sure the dough does not stick.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, mozzarella, arugula, and prosciutto. Slide the pizza onto the hot Pizza/Baking Stone and close the lid of the EGG. Cook until the edges are lightly browned and crisp.
- Using the Pizza Peel, remove the pizza from the stone, sprinkle with the Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese and drizzle with truffle oil. Using a Pizza Cutter, cut the pizza into desired portions and serve immediately.