GRAPE & HATCH CHILE MARINATED TRI-TIP
- 3½ cups red, green and black Moscato grapes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup Cognac
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 3 New Mexico Hatch Chiles, roasted; peeled; stemmed and seeded
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 green apple, cored; diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tri Tip Roast
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
- Place the first 9 ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, carefully purée the mixture.
- Place the Tri tip in a resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the meat and seal the bag. Marinate for one hour.
- After one hour, place the meat in the rectangular drip pan and pour the marinade over the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until you reach your desired doneness.
- 125°F/52°C Rare
- 135°F/57°C Medium
- 145°F/63°C Well Done
Makes about 6-8 servings