HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SKEWERS
This easy chicken kebab recipe is especially flavorful thanks to an easy soy and pineapple marinade and is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, salt, water and cornstarch.
- Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for glazing.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread the chicken on skewers along with the peppers, red onion, and pineapple.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to desired liking. Remove from the grill and baste with reserved sauce. Garnish with green onions if desired.