MAKE BREAKFAST ON A GAS GRILL
Sure. You can use your grill to make lunch and dinner exclusively, but do you know how to make a delicious breakfast on a BBQ? Imagine sitting on the deck, steaming coffee in hand and your favorite breakfast foods in reach as you watch the mist evaporate. A full breakfast with eggs three ways, hash browns, bacon, and toast will wake you up for a perfect day or make the perfect end to your day, because who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 fresh eggs
- 6 potatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dill
- 12 slices Bacon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh bread for serving
- Bring a medium to large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes before draining them allowing them to dry on some paper towel. While working on the potatoes prepare the avocado by carefully slicing in half and removing the pit. Scoop out where the pit was to provide enough space for a whole egg.
- Replace one set of cooking grids on your grill with the Napoleon Cast Iron Reversible Griddle. Add the Napoleon Warming Rack Baking Stone to your warming rack. Preheat your grill to medium.
- Once hot, add 2 tbsp. of butter to the cast iron skillet, followed by the potatoes. Season them with the garlic, dill, and to taste with salt and pepper. Toss and allow to start frying.
- Add slices of fresh bread to the warming rack baking stone. Place the avocado halves onto the cooking grids so that they stay put. Crack an egg into each avocado cavity. Add bacon to the cooking grids and allow it to fry over direct heat. Close the grill’s lid and allow everything to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Open the grill up, mix up the potatoes, add butter as needed. Flip the bacon, the toast, and place three of the eggs over direct heat, still in their shells. Cook for about 10 minutes for a soft-boiled style egg.
- At 10 minutes, remove the in-shell eggs into an ice water bath, add the last of the butter to the cast iron griddle. Crack the remaining eggs and allow them to fry until the white is set and the yolk is still runny. You can flip them carefully for over-easy eggs too.
- Serve everything together as part of a complete breakfast.