PECAN PRALINE STUFFED PEACHES
For this simple dessert, use ripe and juicy peaches, fill them with pecan praline stuffing and bake in the EGG. Dessert doesn’t get any better or easier than this!
- 4 ripe peaches, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400ºF/204ºC.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Using a teaspoon, core the red centers from each of the peach halves. Dip the cut side of each peach into the lemon juice. Place the peaches in the baking dish, cut side up.
- In a medium bowl, stir the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg until completely blended. Add 3 tablespoons of the butter to the flour mixture. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the pieces of butter are pea size. Using a spatula, fold the chopped pecans into the flour mixture until the pecans and the flour mixture are completely combined. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling into the center of each peach half.
- Put the peaches inside the 13×9 in baking dish and put the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the pan. Place the baking dish on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and bake for 20 minutes, or until the stuffing has set and the peaches begin to soften. Remove the dish and let the peaches rest for 10 minutes before serving.