PORTERHOUSE PORK CHOPS WITH PORK CRACKLINGS
- 3 Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Basil Parsley Butter
- Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 450°F/232°C.
- Take the Banner Butter out of the fridge. Crush the garlic cloves (leave skin on) with the flat side of a knife. Heat a cast iron skillet in the EGG for about 10 minutes.
- Trim a good portion of the fat from each of the pork chops and cut into 3 or 4 inch strips. Carefully add the fat to the skillet and cook/turn until golden brown on all slides.
- While the cracklings are cooking, score the pork chops and add a dash of salt and freshly cracked black pepper on both sides.
- Remove pork cracklings and set aside on paper towels to drain. Carefully pour off any additional fat from the skillet.
- Add the pork chops and cook on both sides until brown (about 4 minutes for each side). Add the crushed garlic and the pork cracklings, moving them around in the skillet to coat in the cooking liquid. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until pork chops are springy (but not hard) and remove from the EGG.
- Divide the Butter evenly and place the Butter on the pork chops; rest the chops for 5 minutes. Plate the buttered chops with garlic and pork cracklings.
Recipe adapted from Banner Butter’s Chief of Butter, Drew. Visit bannerbutter.com for more recipes using their butter.