Quick & Easy Pizza Dough
If you haven’t tried making a pizza on your Big Green Egg: you’re missing out! The authentic wood fire taste you get from baking your own pizza over hot coals simply can't be beat!
But it's easy to get discouraged from making your own pie on the EGG when many of the pizza dough recipe call for a stand mixer or recommend waiting hours for the dough to proof. Most of us simply don't have that kind of time, so this quick and easy dough recipe is exactly what you need to start a Friday pizza-night tradition!
- 1 envelope of active, dry yeast (.25 oz)
- 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the yeast and sugar into the warm water and let sit for approximately 10 minutes, so the yeast has time to activate
- Mix in the flour, salt, and oil. Use your hands to mix the dough ingredients. It will begin to get thick but should become a smooth and elastic dough ball.
- Set the dough ball inside the bowl set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Continue with the instructions from your favorite pizza recipe.