SMOKED SEAFOOD DIP
We’re obsessed with this skillet baked seafood dip with crab, shrimp, and veggies. It’ll be the first dish licked clean at your next party or potluck!
- 1/2 lb fresh/defrosted raw shrimp
- 4 ounces lump crab meat, shredded
- 1-2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced [optional]
- 1 TBSP jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced and smashed into 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning blend
- 3-4 ounces cream cheese
- 2.5-3 cups freshly grated Gouda cheese [not smoked]
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
- A pinch of red pepper flakes [optional]
- 1/4 tsp chopped parsley
- Paprika, to taste
- Baguette or Chips
- Preheat your EGG to 250°F.
- Prep shrimp and crab as needed by defrosting, cleaning, peeling and deveining your shrimp and shredding your crab.
- Once prepped, chop the raw shrimp and set aside.
- Next chop your veggies finely, so they'll mix seamlessly into the dip.
- Butter your cast iron skillet with a tablespoon or two of butter and saute the onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeno until tender.
- Next add in the spinach, salted mashed garlic, and Old Bay.
- Stir to combine and wilt the spinach.
- Next, add the crab and shrimp and cook for about a minute, until shrimp just begin to turn opaque.
- Remove from heat. (the shrimp will continue to cook in the pan)
- Stir in your cream cheese, Gouda, and Gruyere and a sprinkle of paprika, and pop the entire skillet in the EGG.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Remove skillet from the EGG, give it a moment to cool, and dive on in with your favorite crusty baguette.