SMOKEY CHIPOTLE & LIME PRAWN TACOS
Get your hands on some lovely big, juicy king prawns for this fresh recipe perfect for barbecue month. Not only did we use a Smoked Chilli Lime Paste to marinade the prawns, we also stirred some through crème fraiche for a tasty little sauce to dollop on top. Recipe adapted from Gran.Luchito.com
- 8 king prawns, raw
- 2tsp Smokey Lime Chilli Paste
- 2 ears of corn, de-husked
- 2tbsp olive oil
- ¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
- Bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4/8 corn tortillas (you can double-layer them for a more filling meal & extra strength)
- 1 lime
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Set up to cook directly on the cast iron grill on top. Target temperature 400°F.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, add 1tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- Roll de-husked corn on the cob in oil and place on Big Green Egg.
- Close lid and check back in 3-4 minutes or so, turning when the bottom is nicely browned and slightly charred. Take care to burp the EGG when opening lid at these temperatures.
- Meanwhile, shell shrimp and remove back vein with a sharp knife (you can make a lovely stock with the shells if you like!) In the same bowl as you used to oil the corn, add 1tsp of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Lime Pickle.
- Stir with the remaining oil and then add the prawns. Leave for a few minutes while the corn finishes.
- Remove corn and add the prawns to the EGG. These won't take long, so don't leave them unattended. Lower lid and give them about 2 minutes before turning them. Ideally, you’ll get a nice char on the very edges of the prawns, whilst the rest is nicely browned and the inside remains tender and juicy.
- Remove prawns and snuff out your EGG if not cooking other dishes. You’ll use it again to warm the tortillas but it will retain the heat without being lit.
- Chop the prawns into bite-size pieces and cut corn away. Place both in a mixing bowl along with the roughly diced avocado, a handful of roughly chopped coriander, juice of half a lime, shredded cabbage, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well but gently (you don’t want too much the avocado too much).
- Warm the tortillas on the cooling EGG.
- Stir remaining Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Lime Pickle into the crème fraiche.