SPINACH & ARTICHOKE PIZZA
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups King Arthur Perfect Pizza Blend or King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Seasoning (or the dried herbs of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cooked, chopped spinach, drained of excess water (defrosted and squeezed dry if frozen)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- To make the crust: Mix and knead all of the ingredients to make a smooth, pliable dough. Cover the dough and let it rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the EGG to 450°F for indirect heat with the convEGGtor.
- Divide the dough in half, and pat each half into a 12" circle. Transfer the crusts to parchment, and let them rest for about 20 minutes.
- To make the filling: Slowly beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the sour cream, Pizza Seasoning, and garlic, then the artichoke hearts, spinach, and Parmesan.
- Transfer the crusts on their parchment to the baking stone, and bake for 5 minutes; you'll probably need to bake them one at a time, so keep the second one covered while the first one bakes.
- Remove the crusts from oven. Spread half the topping onto each pizza, and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake the pizzas for an additional 15 minutes, until their crust is golden and the topping is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot.
Yield: two 12" pizzas.
TIPS FROM OUR BAKERS
- The dough can be prepared ahead of time and left to rise in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- If you don't have a baking stone, place the crusts on lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake them first on a lower rack; then, once you've added the topping, on an upper rack.