SPINACH WHITE PIZZA
A crisp crust topped with an easy, creamy blend of cheese and herbs, and garnished with green spinach, makes a delicious and pretty pizza.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour. For more information, visit kingarthurflour.com.
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese (whole milk ricotta gives the creamiest result)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese blend
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Pizza Seasoning (use the smaller amount if you use the optional feta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or garlic oil, plus additional for brushing in pans and atop pizzas
- One 10-ounce bag baby spinach; or use frozen spinach (see tip below)
- Pinch of salt
1 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Mix the ricotta, shredded cheese, and Pizza Seasoning until well combined. Set it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the garlic oil in a grilling wok. Add the spinach and sprinkle on the salt. Using tongs, turn the spinach as it wilts. When the spinach is barely wilted, transfer it from the pan to a strainer, to drain.
- Bake the crusts for 10 minutes, then remove them from the EGG. Brush them lightly with olive oil or garlic oil. Spread the ricotta topping evenly over the crusts, about ¼” thick.
- Sprinkle on the feta, then divide the spinach evenly between the two pizzas.
- Return the pizzas to the EGG, and bake them until the crust is crisp and the feta is a bit browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 2 pizzas/about 16 slices.