WINE CAN CHICKEN
Recipe adapted from vindulge.com
- (1) 4 to 5 pound whole roaster chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning
- (1) 375 mL can of white wine, preferably Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)
- Prepare the EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F with the convEGGtor (legs up).
- Remove giblets from chicken, and pat dry. Lightly oil the chicken including the cavity. Apply dry rub liberally, including inside the cavity.
- Open the can of wine. You will insert the can into the cavity of the chicken, but do so slowly so the can does not tip. To do this, gently lower the chicken over the can into the cavity, the drumsticks will act like legs of a stool, with the can being the third leg.
- Roast the chicken in a pan set on the cooking grid until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 165°F. Can take 30 to 40 minutes, but the finished temperature is the most important.
- Remove from the EGG and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
- Serves 4