BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO & CHEESE JUMBO SHRIMP
Recipe adapted from SeriousEats.com
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cut into thin strips
- 3 jalapenos, halved, seeded, and cut into thin slices
- 1 pound bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lime, quartered
- Set the EGG for direct cooking, without the convEGGtor at 400°F.
- Lightly oil the cooking grid to help prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with 3/4 of the spice mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, make a slit about 3/4-inch along the base of shrimp.
- Place one jalapeno slice and one cheese slice in the slit, then wrap the base of shrimp all the way around with half a slice of bacon. Repeat with rest of shrimp.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and season lightly with remaining spice mixture.
- Brush shrimps lightly with melted butter.
- Allow the shrimp to sit for 5 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place the shrimp directly on the cooking grid. Cook 3 – 4 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp and repeat.
- Allow cooling for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.