GRILLED WILD BOAR TENDERLOIN w/ FRIED GREEN CABBAGE & BACON
Wild boar meat is often used to make a stew that simmers for hours. Of course, a delicious stew is just one of the many game dishes that can be prepared on the Big Green Egg. However, if you are looking for a game recipe for the EGG that is faster but just as tasty, you could grill a wild boar rack or a wild boar tenderloin, as described here. The meat is tender and juicy and takes less time to cook, so it will be ready in a jiffy.
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 200 g small royal boletes (mushroom variety)
- 1 green cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g bacon cubes
- 4 wild boar tenderloins, membrane removed
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Place the Cast Iron Grid on the Big Green Egg, ignite the charcoal and heat to a temperature of 180°C.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Halve the royal boletes lengthwise and chop the green cabbage into strips.
- Place the Cast Iron Dutch Oven on the grid and heat the olive oil in it.
- Add the onion, garlic and bacon and fry until the onion is translucent, stirring from time to time. Add the royal boletes and fry for approx. 2 minutes. Stir in the green cabbage and fry for another 2 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally. Close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Push the Cast Iron Dutch Oven to the back of the grid. Place the wild boar tenderloins on the grid and grill for about 2 minutes. Turn ninety degrees and grill for another 2 minutes. Repeat this process on the other three sides so that the meat is grilled all over. Measure the core temperature of the meat using the Instant Read Digital Thermometer. Set a core temperature of 58°C and grill the tenderloins for longer if necessary. The exact grilling time depends on the thickness of the meat.
- Remove the Cast Iron Dutch Oven and the wild boar tenderloins from the EGG. Season the green cabbage and bacon to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Leave the meat to rest for a few minutes and carve into nice slices. Sprinkle the wild boar meat with sea salt and black pepper to taste and serve with the green cabbage.
Share this GRILLED WILD BOAR TENDERLOIN w/ FRIED GREEN CABBAGE & BACON recipe with your friends!