Over-the-Top Chili on your Big Green Egg
Cold weather doesn’t mean you have to be trapped indoors. This week, we demonstrate how you can reinvent a cold-weather classic on your Big Green Egg! Just another great example of how you can take the meals you're preparing in your kitchen and make them #BetterOnAnEGG.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 16 oz beef broth
- 12 oz beer (American Lager)
- 1 cup Big Green Egg Vidalia Onion Sriracha Sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Set up EGG for direct grilling at 350°F.
- Add the oil, onions, garlic, and peppers to a pre-heated cast iron skillet and sauté until ingredients begin to caramelize.
- Remove cooking grid, add convEGGtor and replace cooking grid to set up for indirect cooking at 350°F.
- Shape ground beef into one large patty and season with salt and pepper
- Add remaining ingredients to a cast iron Dutch Oven and place on the cooking grid.
- Place the ground beef on a Big Green Egg 2-tier Cooking Rack above the Dutch Oven.
- Cook until ground beef reaches 155°F internal temperature.
- Crumble or chop the patty and add it to the Dutch Oven.
- Allow all ingredients to cook for an additional hour.
Share this Over-the-Top Chili on your Big Green Egg recipe with your friends!