SALSA VERDE CHICKEN PASTA
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or rotini pasta
- 2¼ cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1½ cups salsa verde
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro (save more for garnish)
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- Diced avocado for topping
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 350°F.
- Preheat a Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet for 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, tomatillos, onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the chicken with the paprika, salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the uncooked pasta, broth, salsa and cilantro. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is reduced; swirl in the cream cheese until melted. Remove from the EGG and stir in the lime juice.
- Top with diced avocado and cilantro