This Burger Supreme Quesadilla with Ancho Chile & Coffee Seasoning is a delicious twist on the traditional burger, grilled to perfection on the Big Green Egg!
Recipe courtesy of Taylor Shulman, Big Green Egg Culinary Center
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 4 tbsp Big Green Egg Ancho Chile & Coffee Seasoning
- 1 can black beans, strained
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 4 oz chipotles in adobo, diced
- 1 package sangria tomatoes (mix of grape tomatoes)
- 1 container queso
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Large tortillas
- Olive oil
Whole-y Guacamole Ingredients
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup roasted corn kernels
- Sangria tomatoes, diced
- ½ of a small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lime
- Set the EGG up for direct cooking at 450°F/232°C with a Plancha Griddle, flat side up.
- Reserve several tomatoes for the guacamole. Place the remaining tomatoes in a large bowl and toss with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast them on the plancha just until they burst, about 5 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the plancha and wipe the plancha with a paper towel. Chop the tomatoes into smaller pieces and return them to the bowl with the chuck, seasoning, corn, black beans, and chipotles and mix until well combined. Form 4 8-oz patties or 8 4-oz patties. Grill the burgers on the plancha for 5-8 minutes per side (depending on what size patty you choose).
- To make the guacamole, slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and dice the avocado into ¼ to ½ inch cubes. Fold together the remaining guacamole ingredients until evenly mixed. Cover tightly and refrigerate until used.
- Add a dollop of the queso to the middle of a tortilla. Next, add a tostada, then a burger, followed by some guacamole and a second tostada. On top of the second tostada place cheddar cheese and fold the tortilla around it. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the griddle; add the burgers seam-side down and “fry” the tortilla shut (the cheese will melt and keep the seam sealed), about 1-2 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook another minute until the tortilla is golden brown.