Delicious Deviled Eggs with Sweet & Smoky Seasoning prepared on the Big Green Egg.
Recipe courtesy of Taylor Shulman, Big Green Egg Culinary Center
- ¼ lb. cooked bacon, chopped
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp finely diced garlic
- 4 oz. diced pimento peppers
- 4 tbsp green onions, sliced at a bias
- Set the EGG up for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C and preheat a Cast Iron Skillet.
- Add the bacon to the EGG; stir every 2 minutes until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel to cool.
- Split the eggs in half horizontally and scoop the yolks into a food processor. Add the mayonnaise, bacon (reserving some for garnishing), tabasco, vinegar, seasoning, garlic and pimentos and pulse it in the food processor until the mixture is almost smooth.
- Fill a piping bag – or a zip lock bag with a cut corner – and pipe the mixture into the eggs. Garnish with green onion, bacon, and a light sprinkle of seasoning.