DR. BBQ’S INJECTED TURKEY BREASTS
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 325°F/163°C. (If you are cooking a whole turkey, cook at 325°F/163°C for 12 minutes per pound until the turkey has reached a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F/74°C throughout the product.)
- Prepare based on specifications below, depending on which recipe you are using.
- Cook the turkey breast for approximately 1.5 hours, or until the internal temperature is 165°F/74°C
- Remove the breast from EGG. Tent with foil and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes.
Cajun Turkey Ingredients
- Creole butter
- Creole rub
- Apple (if cooking a whole turkey)
- Onion (if cooking a whole turkey)
Cajun Turkey Instructions
- Inject turkey with Creole butter in a grid pattern. Rub turkey breast with Creole rub.
- If cooking a whole turkey, place the apple and onion inside turkey and set on grid of EGG.
Lemon and Herb Turkey Breast Ingredients
- Lemon juice
- Fine grain sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bundle of herbs
Lemon and Herb Turkey Breast Instructions
- Squeeze lemon juice all over the breast and rub with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the bundle of herbs on top of the breast and set on the cooking grid.