Chicken Pad Thai on the Big Green Egg
This dish has “wow” written all over it. It’s tangy and savory in all the right places; it’s crunchy and chewy and tender, all together. It has all the hallmarks of your favorite take-out pad Thai... but you can make it at home with a Wok and your Big Green Egg!
- 8 oz flat rice noodles, cooked
- 4 chicken cutlets, sliced ½ inch thin
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- ¼ cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Big Green Egg Savory Pecan Seasoning
- ¼ cup canola oil, separated
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Big Green Egg Carbon Steel Grill Wok
- EGGspander convEGGtor Basket
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without a convEGGtor with the EGGspander convEGGtor Basket and wok at 350°F/177°C.
- Season the chicken with Savory Pecan Seasoning and set aside. Before the cook make sure all the ingredients are near the EGG. Close the draft door and leave the lid open to the EGG while cooking.
- Add half the oil to the wok. Once the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until almost done. Add another drizzle of oil, bell peppers, sweet onion and carrots; cook until softened, and then add the garlic.
- Push all contents of the wok to one side, and add the remaining oil to the wok. Add eggs to the oil constantly moving them around to create a scramble. Add noodles, cilantro, bean sprouts and sauce; constantly move the ingredients to mix. Once the ingredients are fully combined and heated through, carefully remove the wok from the EGG.
- Remove the Pad Thai from the wok and serve with crushed roasted peanuts and a lime slices. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Georgia Grinders® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Big Green Egg Vidalia® Onion Sriracha BBQ sauce
- Mix ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.