SIMPLE CHEESE PIZZA
For a fun cooking activity that everyone can enjoy, there's nothing better than a pizza party! With the Big Green Egg and our pizza EGGcessories, you can make custom pizzas where everyone chooses their own fresh ingredients, and the EGG makes sure they all turn out perfectly! Gather your favorite toppings … along with your family and friends … to enjoy creative, hot-off-the-EGG homemade meals — and say "no thanks" to those take-out pizza coupons!
Remember this can be as simple as picking up store bought dough and sauce to making your own homemade dough and sauce with all fresh ingredients. All depends on the time you have and the ingredients available…not to mention the mess in the kitchen!
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1½ cups (375 ml) marinara sauce
- 12 oz (340 g) shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp (20 ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tsp (20 ml) olive oil
- Pinch of Oregano
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 600ºF/315ºC and preheat a Pizza/Baking Stone.
- Place pizza dough on a dough rolling mat or a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll the disk into a 14 in (35 cm) circle. Dust a Pizza Peel with cornmeal and place the dough disk on the peel. Gently shake the peel back and forth to make sure the dough does not stick.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, mozzarella and any toppings. Slide the pizza onto the hot Pizza/Baking Stone and close the lid of the EGG. Cook until the edges are lightly browned and crisp.
- Using the Pizza Peel, remove the pizza from the stone, sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of Oregano . Using a Pizza Cutter, cut the pizza into desired portions and serve immediately.
Makes about 4 servings