SMOKED POTATO SALAD
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bacon grease, softened, not melted
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked and diced
- Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 225°F/107°C.
- Cover the potatoes completely with warm, soft bacon grease and the Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning. Puncture each potato several times. Place the potatoes and the 2 eggs on the Big Green Egg and cook for 2 hours, or until the potatoes are tender in the center. Put the eggs in an ice bath after removing from the EGG.
- While the eggs and potatoes are cooking, mix together the onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, mayonnaise, and celery.
- Once cooled, dice the eggs and potatoes and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Top with the chives and enjoy!