LEM Backwoods Cured Summer Sausage Seasoning 9508
This Customer Favorite Delivers A Tangy Explosion Of Flavor.
Enjoy these Cured Sausage Seasonings, painstakingly flavored to make the greatest wild game or domestic meat-cured sausage around! Each seasoning package includes a packet of Cure.
A Note About Cure: Cure should be used to control botulism as well as add color and flavor to your smoked or cooked sausage.
To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water for 5 pounds of meat.
To make smaller batches: Use 1 tablespoon & 2-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water for each pound of meat used.
Directions: Grind a mixture containing at least 20% pork or pork fat. Dissolve seasoning and cure in water. Mix thoroughly with meat until tacky.
Process in one of the following ways: Roll into logs (about 10" long and 2" in diameter). Roll back and forth to remove air. Preheat oven to 300°F. and place in oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and cool. Stuff into fibrous or non-edible collagen casings (soak casings in warm water prior to stuffing) and place in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 180°F. and place in oven or smoke in a smoker until internal temperature of the log reaches 165°F. Remove and cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze finished product
- Keep cure out of reach of children
- Do not use more cure than recommended
- Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Garlic Powder, Maltodextrin, Sodium Erythorbate (1.32%), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide Added As An Anticaking Agent
- Cure Ingredients: Salt, Sodium Nitrite (6%), Red 3, And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid
- Warning: This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.
Does not contain gluten or MSG.
⚠️ WARNING - Products available to purchase on this website can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.