DILL PICKLE PASTA SALAD
In this creamy pasta salad recipe, dill pickles play a starring role and add tons of flavor and crunch! This recipe is even better when it’s made ahead of time making it the perfect potluck dish!
- ½ lb dry shell pasta (about 3 cups)
- ¾ cup sliced pickles
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- ½ cup pickle juice
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons pickle juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Toss cold pasta with about ½ cup of pickle juice and set aside for about 5 minutes. Drain & discard pickle juice.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.