GRILLED CHEESESTEAK PIZZA
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces Laura's Lean Beef Sirloin Steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1-10 to 11-ounce container pizza dough, your favorite recipe or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons Red Gold® Tomato Paste
- 2 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- 2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 600°F/316°C.
- Heat olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet. Add the red bell pepper, onions and tomatoes (reserve ¼ cup of the tomatoes) and cook together until onions are soft. Remove from the skillet, sprinkle with oregano and set aside.
- In the skillet, grill steaks to the desired temperature. Remove the skillet from the EGG, slice the steak into thin pieces.
- Add the convEGGtor for indirect cooking and reduce the heat to 450°F/232°C. Preheat a Pizza & Baking Stone.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll each half out into a circle on a Dough Rolling Mat, getting it as thin as possible.
- Gently lay one of the crusts onto the Stone. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side, depending on the temperature of the EGG. Use tongs to flip and cook each side of the crust. If bubbles appear, just prick the dough bubble and keep cooking. Repeat for the second crust.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato paste on each crust. Divide and top each pizza with the tomato mixture, beef, and cheese. Carefully return one pizza to the Stone. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Repeat for the second pizza (keep a close watch on pizzas, removing if the crust is getting toasty).
- Sprinkle with the 1⁄4 cup tomatoes that were set aside along with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 pizzas.